Financial Accountant - North Melbourne
About Our Client
Our client is a large player in the distribution and wholesale markets here in Australia. With suppliers and customers both locally and internationally there is a clear focus on the level of service provided from the head office in the far north of Melbourne which has created a high performing staff culture. A period of strong growth has led to a new Financial Accountant being sought to join the business to assist with the expansion and growth of the business. This role allows the successful candidate to gain valuable exposure to senior stakeholders within the organisation shaping and developing the careers of all team members.
As a Financial Accountant your roles will include, but not be limited to:
- Preparing month end reporting including; accruals, journal adjustments, PnL and balance sheets.
- Providing analysis of the financial performance of the business for review by management.
- Generating the weekly sales reports and cash flow forecasting.
- Maintaining the general ledger and associated account reconciliations.
- Maintaining the fixed asset register including the devaluation of assets.
- Submission of regulatory compliance reporting.
The Successful Applicant
The successful candidate will have/be:
- Part to full qualification with either CPA or CA Australia.
- Exemplary communication skills are vital to the role.
- Experience working in a wholesale or distribution environment is desirable.
- Strong organisational and analytical skills.
- Intermediate MS Excel skills including VlookUps and Pivot Tables.
- Ability and confidence to liaise with both internal and external stakeholders in the business.
What's on Offer
In return for hard work and a strong analytical skillset this organisation offers a competitive salary package coupled with career support and development opportunities. This role also offers the chance for a strong Financial Accountant to develop their career in a growing organisation with operations both in Australia and internationally.