Financial Accountant - Northern Suburbs
Exposure to Senior Stakeholders
About Our Client
Our client is a growing brand in the manufacturing sector located in Melbourne's Northern Suburbs. There is a strong culture of growth and development which has created a unique and high performing finance team who are looking to add a talented Financial Accountant to their ranks. This role is particularly well suited to candidates coming out of an Audit of Business Services environment looking to develop their career within industry. Our client is focused on embracing modern manufacturing and growing within the industry and they're looking for a Financial Accountant to come and be a part of the development.
Reporting to the Finance Manager, you will be supporting the finance team, in so performing the following responsibilities:
- Management reporting and analysis; including end-to-end month end processing to meet corporate deadlines, forecast analysis and preparation of financial reports for senior stakeholders
- Budgeting and Forecasting including analysing and reporting variance against budget and forecasts and assisting the Finance Manager to co-ordinate and prepare the Annual Budgets & forecasts
- Develop relationships with department heads to ensure accurate and thorough understanding of financial reports for operations and non financial stakeholders.
- Tax Compliance and review of returns including Payroll tax, BAS, IAS and Income Tax Returns
- Investigating process improvements and streamlining systems, adding value across the whole organisation.
- Ad-hoc projects and further business analysis
The Successful Applicant
The successful candidate will have/be:
- CPA or CA qualified
- Experience in an Audit or Business Services Firm is ideal
- Experience working with fully implemented ERP systems such as SAP or Oracle is ideal
- Exemplary written and verbal communication skills are key to success in this role
- Intermediate Microsoft Excel skills are required for the role
What's on Offer
In return for a hard working attitude and a strong technical skill-set this role offers a chance to liaise closely with senior stakeholders in the business. There is a competitive remuneration scheme and development opportunities also on offer.