January 2017 Start
About Our Client
A NSW Government department is seeking a Financial Accountant to join their North Sydney financial team. This is an excellent opportunity for an experienced Financial Accountant to add value and get involved in significant projects.
Working alongside the Finance Manager, your duties will include:
- Month end reporting including Operating statement, Balance Sheet, Cash Flow, variance analysis and commentary
- Year end process - preparing statutory accounts, corporate charge journals, and accruals
- Preparing Consolidated Financial Reports for Treasury
- Month end accruals
- Liaison with internal & external auditors regarding year-end financial reports and program statements
- Budgets and forecast preparation
- Project accounting and reporting
- Ad-hoc projects
The Successful Applicant
As the successful candidate, you will have completed a degree in Accounting or Finance and be finishing or have completed your CA or CPA qualification. With excellent communication skills, you will have the confidence engaging senior stakeholders and be able to influence key decision makers. Previous experience using a large ERP system will be considered highly advantageous.
What's on Offer
In addition to a competitive salary, this organisation is known for its high performance and supportive culture. Please note that we have a number of upcoming Financial Accounting positions that we are considering applications for.