Full-time 12 months fixed-term contract
Central location in Melbourne CBD
About Our Client
Opportunity to work in one of Melbourne's most iconic venues
The Financial Accountant will work in a collaborative team and is responsible for supporting a number of accounting processes including the delivery of the regulatory and statutory reporting requirements of the organisation, including the year end accounts. The role will assist in ensuring timely preparation and filing of all statutory and external returns and disclosures. This role will also contribute to implementing various process improvement projects undertaken within the department.
The Successful Applicant
- Accounting Degree qualified with Professional accounting qualification e.g. CA, CPA
- Knowledge of interpretation of generally accepted accounting principles.
- Strong experience in completion and delivery of accurate period end results including period end adjustments.
- Advanced excel skills including pivot tables, charts and graphs.
- Strong continuous improvement outlook and demonstrated ability to improve efficiency on the production and reporting of business metrics and statistics.
- Strong communication and proven experience building relationships with a pro-active approach to problem-solving.
What's on Offer
- Organisational-wide learning and development and wellbeing programs
- Discounted commuter benefits and onsite car-parking
- Access to health care insurance at competitive rates
- Food and beverage discounts at our staff cafe and surrounding restaurants.