Exciting Financial Accountant role with an industry leading business
Key stake holder engagement offering strategic advise
About Our Client
The client is a global leading University, specalising within several fields.
With a number of campuses in Melbourne, two in Asia and a centre in Europe, it truly is a global university. The business also offers programs through partners worldwide, and enjoys research and industry partnerships on every continent.
- Assist in developing the diverse and complex annual budget utilising significant resources, financial planning and forecasting processes as well as providing strategic input and recommendations for improvements into the annual budget development and forecasting processes.
- Prepare regular reports on financial performance for the business, examining and reporting on trends and variances, recommending sustainable options to redress discrepancies and rebalance budgets, develop forecasts.
- Prepare and review of new business and course proposals with specific attention to financial costing's and commercial aspects.
- Establish strong, business focused, collaborative relationships with customers and leverage these to drive sound commercial decisions to achieve its strategic objectives.
The Successful Applicant
- The client requires somebody qualified or nearly qualified CA/CPA (or equivalent) with extensive experience within a similar role, ideally from a larger organisation.
- Experience and the ability to successfully and accurately develop complex budgets and forecasts
- Ability to independently analyse and interpret a variety of financial information to make well informed decisions and deliver sound recommendations for managing complex problems
- Demonstrated capacity to work to tight deadlines and balance competing priorities while operating autonomously with a high level of initiative but also the ability to work cooperatively as an effective team member
- Proven ability to forge strong working relationships with senior stakeholders, and to interact effectively within all levels of the business
- Demonstrated high level of competency in the use of IT systems mainly including SAP
What's on Offer
The client is offering between the Financial Accountant between $85,000- $100,000 depending on the candidates experience, including super and benefits.