Inner City Location
About Our Client
Our client is a globally recognised brand within the entertainment industry, with an opportunity available within the Melbourne team. This opportunity will allow for clear career progression and development, in an ever expanding organisation. This fast paced and ever growing team pride themselves on high standards and in doing so have outstanding results. Team work and communication have high a priority within the organisation as they pride themselves on a close knit family culture with a strong focus on development and continuous learnings. This exciting opportunity will allow you to be yourself and in doing so create a bright and easy going working culture.
Reporting to the Finance Controller, you will be supporting the finance team, in so performing the following responsibilities:
- Ensure all balance sheet accounts are reconciled and signed off on a regular basis, within periodic deadlines. As well as maintenance of the fixed asset register.
- Preparation of sales, management, quarterly, and annual reports with commentary and analysis
- Management reporting and analysis; including end-to-end month end processing to meet corporate deadlines, forecast analysis and preparation of management accounts to senior stakeholders
- Responsible for all Taxation obligations, working closely with external auditors to ensure all Accounting Standards are adhered to.
- Investigating process improvements and streamlining systems, adding value across the whole organisation
- Ad-hoc projects and further business analysis
The Successful Applicant
This is an exceptional opportunity for a first time mover from a top accounting firm looking to move into industry. The following criteria will be considered for the role
- Part or fully qualified in CA or CPA
- 2-3 years' experience in a similar role or a Candidate with a Big 4/ Mid-tier back ground looking to move into industry
- Worked at an organisation with a turn over higher than $100 million annually or ASX listed
- Industry experience in Hospitality/ Retail are not mandatory but HIGHLY favourable
- Evidences of previously/currently working in an environment with complex stakeholders
- Multitasking abilities such as be able to prioritise on works with close deadlines
- Self-motivated and passionate about making a tangible differences with in a growing organisation
What's on Offer
This organisation is well resourced and will give you great exposure across the whole finance department. You will also have the opportunity to operate within a growing corporate sector, which will allow you to broaden your skill set and develop your capabilities