Work life balance
Highly regarded brand name
About Our Client
Our client is an established highly regarded Transport company, with an opportunity available within the Melbourne team. This opportunity will allow for clear career progression and development, in an ever evolving landscape. This fast paced and ever growing, high performing team pride themselves on high standards and in doing so have outstanding results. Team work and communication have high a priority within the organisation as well as a strong focus on development and continuous learnings.
Reporting to the Finance Manager, you will be supporting the finance team, in so performing the following responsibilities:
- Monthly management & departmental financial reports
- Cash Flow Management/ Forecasting / Reporting
- Maintenance of the general ledger & fixed asset register
- Reconciliation of bank accounts
- Ensure all legal/regulatory compliance obligations are met - PAYG Tax, Payroll Tax, FBT and Superannuation
- Preparation of Monthly BAS
- Assist Preparation of annual FBT return
- Creditor maintenance and payments, including creditor account reconciliation and daily cash-book maintenance
- Provide support to Payroll Officer during their absence
- Maintain Motor Vehicle Registration register and ensure payments are made to Vicroads prior to due date
- Manage the motor vehicle and general insurance claims process
- Preparation of journal postings, accruals and prepayments
- Raise inter-company transactions
- Adjusting month end entries as approved by Finance Manager
- Support the Finance & Administration Manager with ad hoc audit and operational queries
The Successful Applicant
An exciting opportunity for a highly motivated, finance professional with a passion for the transport industry. Exposure to a transport & logistics organisation will be beneficial, with the ability to collaborate in a team environment essential. Communication skills and a passion for the transport industry are paramount, working towards a CA or CPA qualification, strong excel skills and exposure to Pronto are preferred.
What's on Offer
The ability to work autonomously and within a team, with a focused attitude and a willingness to add value will be rewarded with a highly competitive remuneration package and increased responsibilities. You will be operating in a team which will offer diverse learning opportunities and the ability to progress within the company, with a strong focus on growing your commercial acumen.