Opportunity to transition to permanency
About Our Client
Our client is a well-known Australian brand within the Hospitality industry, with an opportunity available for an experience Financial Accountant to join the Melbourne team. The team is high performing, fast paced and pride themselves in their teamwork and communication. This will be a five month contract role and permanency may be on offer for an exceptional candidate.
Reporting to the Finance Manager, this role will be responsible for but not limited to the below:
- Some transnational finance functions, including accounts receivable and accounts payable
- Completion of the payroll function
- Assist in the preparation of monthly statements, including journal postings and bank reconciliations
- Collecting data and analysing any variances as well as interpreting the data and delivering commentary to more senior stakeholders
- Assisting with yearly audit and financial statements
- Constantly adhering to process and system improvements
- Ad-hoc reporting and analysis as required
The Successful Applicant
To be successful in this role you will ideally match the below criteria:
- Bachelors in Accounting, Commerce or similar
- CA/CPA part-qualified
- Must have experience in a Financial Reporting role
- Immediately available or have a short notice period
- Proven track record of working in a fast paced environment, preferably hospitality
- Strong communication skills and the ability to liaise with a range of stakeholders
- Experience in SAP and a strong user of MS Excel
What's on Offer
- The opportunity to work with the Finance Manager allowing you to attain and develop your accounting skills.
- Within walking distance from the public transport.
- Permanency is on offer for an exceptional individual.