- Flexible Working Arrangements
- Role Diversity
About Our Client
Our client is a large Austrlian based agricultural company, with an opportunity available within the Melbourne CBD team. This opportunity will allow for clear career progression and development, in an ever evolving landscape. This colaborative and supportive, high performing team pride themselves on working as a team and in doing so have outstanding results. Team work and communication have high a priority within the organisation as well as a strong focus on development and continuous learnings.
Reporting to the Finance Manager, you will be supporting the finance team, in so performing the following responsibilities:
- Preparation of the annual company BU budget and inclusion of corporate items
- Quarterly forecast, including tracking of Corporate overheads to budget
- Assistance with the commerical Finance function on a daily and month end basis with a focus on cross training and back up cover to the commercial Accountant.
- Responsibility for the maintenance of the Fixed Asset Register in collaboration with the team. Ensuring assets are reconciled back to the general ledger and all depreciation journals are processed in a timely manner.
- Assistance with the production and distribution of monthly Capex reporting.
- Preparation of Fixed Asset Register for quarterly Tax Effective Accounting
- Preparation of quarterly Tax Effective Accounting workpapers to review stage for the Senior Accountant.
- Monthly journals and balance sheet reconciliations in Blackline for the Corporate Division. This will include elimination, prepayments, accruals and provisions
- Monthly review of overhead costs for Exec and Originations reporting
- Assist Finance in maintaining and improving its internal audit framework used across a full range of financial, compliance, and operational audits, including inventory stocktakes and fixed asset verification audits.
- Annual review of accounting and tax procedures with a focus on internal controls.
- Ad hoc tasks and further business analysis
The Successful Applicant
An exciting opportunity for a highly motivated, up and coming first time mover from a mid tier accounting firm looking to move into industry. Exposure to large scale organisations and the agriculture industry will be beneficial, with the ability to collaborate in a team environment essential. Communication skills are paramount, CA or CPA qualification and strong excel skills are preferred.
What's on Offer
The ability to work autonomously and within a team, with a focused attitude and a willingness to add value will be rewarded with a highly competitive remuneration package and increased responsibilities. You will be operating in a team which will offer diverse learning opportunities and the ability to progress within the company, with a strong focus on growing your commercial acumen.