Financial Accounting Manager
Employer of choice located in an ideal Western Sydney location
Strong career progression opportunities available
About Our Client
My client is a well-known leading employer of choice in Western Sydney who are passionate about developing their staff and offering strong career progression opportunities.
As the Financial Accounting Manager, you will manage all month end and year end duties, statutory reporting, management reporting, audit and process improvement for your remit. Leading a small team of four Accountants, you will be responsible for maintaining an effective and robust controls environment and be the go-to person for technical accounting advice and analysis.
Other key responsibilities will include the following:
- Taking ownership for a component of the Group result including understanding the business and accounting requirements, preparing all relevant work-papers, reconciliations and analysis in order to ensure accuracy and transparency around the reporting of that component of the Group's result.
- Manage the provision of accurate, high quality financial reporting pertaining for your remit, ensuring that financial information is compliant with bot internal and external accounting and statutory requirements.
- Review and ownership of all balance sheet reconciliations
- Review and understanding of P&L drivers
- Develop strong relationships with key stakeholders across the business.
- Assisting in group-wide finance and process improvement initiatives.
The Successful Applicant
The ideal candidate will have the following:
- CA/CPA Qualified
- Proven experience in staff management, coaching, mentoring and leadership is essential
- Strong time management skills and attention to detail
- Strong technical accounting knowledge including IFRS
- Experience in the preparation of consolidated financial statements
- Good knowledge of internal controls and compliance
- Great technical skills, enabling analysis of accounting requirements and appropriate commercial and practical application
- A self-starter, independent and able to deal with conflicting priorities
- Excellent stakeholder management and communication skills
What's on Offer
- This is a fantastic opportunity to join a large and well know organisation in a critical team leadership position.
- Strong career progression opportunities.
- Competitive salary package on offer