ASX Mining company with over $2b market cap
Opportunity to partner with divisions such as strategy and corporate finance
About Our Client
The ASX mining organisation that we have partnered with is a highly experienced and well respected group across the Australian and International markets. With sustainable projects across several continents in essential commodities, they look at growing and delivering sustainable value to their shareholders. Due to their size and maturity they have expertise across the entire mining value chain, from exploration to development and mining through to marketing and rehabilitation.
- Industry and commercial analysis (update supply/demand models, competitor and customer monitoring, industry trends, other)
- Collate, analyse and prepare monthly and quarterly reports on industry trade data to gain insights into competitor strategy and prices and inform decision making
- Monitor and summarise competitor and customer activities and reports
- Contribute to the companies strategic planning process
- Prepare reports and deliver presentations on the above
- Provide ad hoc commercial analysis and assistance to colleagues
The Successful Applicant
This position requires somebody who has previous experience in a business/financial/commercial analyst role and has previously undertaken the duties required for this role. Previous experience with the big 4 or within the mining industry will be highly regarded but is not essential. The target candidate will have between 3 - 6 years experience.
Our client is also open to considering candidates straight out of mid-tier or the big 4 accounting firms who have experience with mining clients. Individuals with this background would need to provide examples of where they have worked on special projects or have been able to deal critical and outside the box thinking.
What's on Offer
- Working with a highly experienced individuals and a high performing team that is committed to the growth of the company
- Broad exposure across a range of projects working closely with different divisions such as corporate finance, commercial and marketing
- The company is large enough where there are established support teams to let you focus on adding value, but small enough where you get excellent exposure on the different projects the company is focusing on
- Work within a team that plays a critical role in whether major commercial decisions are made
- The opportunity for both vertical and horizontal promotion