Financial Controller | Property | CBD
Newly created role
Reporting in to the Managing Director - a lot of room to progress
About Our Client
My client is a leading property development organisation that has grown extensively over the past 12 months.
This is a newly created role that will allow for further future development. You will be responsible for the day to day running of the team and for establishing internal financial controls.
The Financial Controller will have the following responsibilities:
- Full ownership of financial reporting and accounting function - reporting in directly to the Managing Director
- Management of a team of local accountants (providing training and leadership)
- Manage and lead the local property development division & work closely with the team to provide financial insights to support decision-making and strategy planning
- Responsible for ensuring financials are compliant with company's internal control policies and local IFRS regulations
- Accountable for forecasting and budgeting as well as continuously performing ad-hoc and variance analysis
The Successful Applicant
My client is looking for someone that will be able to meet the following criteria:
- Qualified CA
- Minimum 7 years of experience within Finance, preferably coming from a Big4 background with a working knowledge of the property industry
- Previous finance leadership experience - must have managed a team of at least 4 people
- Excellent financial reporting skills and strong technical accounting expertise
- Strong communication skills with demonstrated verbal, written and presentation skills
- Demonstrate organisational skills, including an ability to plan, set and prioritise workloads to meet deadlines and to work independently, efficiently and effectively
What's on Offer
This is a great opportunity for someone with a keen interest in the property / property development industry. You will be able to work in an autonomous environment and implement change across the team.
$150,000 - $165,000 + superannuation + bonus