Opportunity to work for a industry leading venue
Ability to contribute to the success of the organisation
About Our Client
Optus Stadium is Western Australia's premier major sports and entertainment precinct. Opening in January 2018 the stadium has already hosted a variety of events, including: Ed Sheeran, One-Day International Cricket, National Rugby League (NRL) & Australian Rules Football (AFL).
Reporting to the General Manager - Finance, the Financial Controller will be a key part of the corporate team and will play a pivotal role in the performance of the Optus Stadium finance team. With four direct reports, this role manages the Finance function on a daily basis.
The core focus of the role is to manage, lead and take responsibility for the daily management of the finance function for VenuesLive WA at Optus Stadium. The key duties and responsibilities of the role will include, but not be limited to the following:
- Develop and manage the Optus Stadium finance team, in partnership with the General Manager of Finance
- The continual improvement of company policies, procedures & standards within the finance function
- Manage and develop reporting employees including performance management, performance and development reviews, training and management of workload
- Assist with developing the department's annual budget and ensure activities are managed within budgetary parameters.
- To ensure ownership and direction of all financial processes & functions for Optus stadium - functions including: AR, AP, Payroll & Treasury
- Management of the external audit process and ensuring accurate and timely lodgement of GST, FBT & Payroll Tax Returns
- Lead the month-end reporting process and manage key department reporting, which includes the following:
- Preparation of the monthly and annual financial reports
- Review and sign off on all month end reconciliations and management financial reports
- Financial KPIs and Performance Monitoring Obligations
- Rolling forecast cashflow
- Event Settlements and Event Profit and Loss Statements
- Responsibility of the event day Treasury function
- Manage the finance module of the EBMS system, including business internal controls.
The Successful Applicant
To be successful in this role, you will be a CA/CPA qualified finance professional with a proven track record in driving a high performing team culture and delivering an accurate and timely month end process. It will be imperative that you are able to manage a fast paced, continually evolving workplace that can often have competing priorities. The ability to manage your time effectively and those around you cannot be understated. Technical finance skill-set, leadership, track-record and cultural fit will be considered before industry experience is taken into account. The ability to ensure financials are of the highest quality and within company deadlines will be a non-negotiable.
It's pivotal that you are able to influence those around you and your ability to engage with stakeholders both within finance and the wider operation will be crucial to your success. Prior experience in leading finance teams to high performing outcomes will be looked upon favourably.
While standard hours are 8.30am to 5.00pm, the nature of the event industry means that you will be required to work outside these hours particularly around events being staged at Optus Stadium and the surrounding precinct.
Rory Mitchell from Michael Page will be managing this recruitment process and can be contacted on 08 6430 6428 or 0431 983 172 for further information. Michael Page in Western Australia is part of the PageGroup family, which operates in over 35 countries worldwide and specialises in the recruitment of permanent, contract and temporary positions on behalf of the world's top employers.
What's on Offer
- An excellent opportunity to lead and develop a finance team in a dynamic, fast-paced & hands-on environment
- Be involved in a high performing culture
- On-Site parking provided