Financial Planning & Analysis Manager
About Our Client
The organisation has a global presence and is ASX listed. It is a market leader within the infrastructure and construction sector.
Your duties will include, but not be limited to:
- Manage the planning process for the NSW Business, including the pre-planning, timetables, templates, models and instructions;
- Review and challenge the business on key budget assumptions, adverse cost positions and major variances from prior year and budget targets;
- Proactively streamline planning and key business processes, including formal sign off procedures from various business unit owners;
- Assist with Capital Expenditure planning, ensuring major deviations to the previous Capital plans adequately explained. Understand profit and loss provisioning impact;
- Manage the review and critique of corporate cost allocations including allocation methodology, drivers, cost increase variances and preparation of supporting commentary;
- Assess expenditure (opex, maintenance and capital) and benefit realisation plans and support implementation with project managers and business owners
- Identify and resolve issues through detail bottom-up analysis, critically analysing outputs, assumptions and identifying route cause analysis.
- Identify and review underlying business trends and suggest opportunities for improvement (revenue, leakage, recoveries and benchmarking).
- Identify and track key underlying performance trends and risks areas including maintaining suitable financial models.
- Build a strong understanding of the fixed and variable costs (& drivers) within the business and undertake unit cost analysis and benchmarking to compare cost bases. Present analysis to Business managers and work with them to identify opportunities and corrective actions. Manage the completion of the NSW Finance report to NSW Management.
The Successful Applicant
- Tertiary accounting qualifications or professional accounting accreditation (CA or CPA);
- Budgeting and forecasting skills and the ability to identify and analyse key business drivers;
- Strong numeracy and operational / financial modelling skills;
- Well-developed organisational skills with the ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously;
- High level of accuracy and attention to detail;
- Excellent written, oral communications and interpersonal skills;
- Demonstrated ability to operate as a team member and independently to achieve identified goals.
What's on Offer
This is an excellent opportunity to join an industry leading organisation.