- 12 month fixed term contract
- Immediate start
About Our Client
Joining the FP&A team at a local government organisation located in the Eastern suburbs for a 12 month fixed term contract, you will play a pivotal role in supporting the organisation through providing meaningful analysis and insights around business performance where you will also act as an effective business partner to other departments.
The FP&A Accountant will be responsible for but not limited to are:
- Provide business advice and support business units in relation to budgeting, reporting and analytics.
- Assist Coordinator, FP&A with coordination, preparation and review of the annual Council Budget within the established budget principles.
- Prepare key management reports including the monthly Executive Management Team and Council Financial Report.
- Partner with departments to understand financial performance and provide analytical support where required.
- Assist with input of Local Government Performance Reporting Framework (LGPRF) financial data and trend analysis.
The Successful Applicant
The successful FP&A Accountant will have:
- Tertiary qualification in accounting or related discipline and membership (or progress towards) CPA or CA.
- Experience in budgeting, financial reporting and analysis in an organisation with complex business systems and a diverse range of services.
- Demonstrated excellent verbal, written, analytical and presentation skills including, data analysis and insight, and report writing.
- Demonstrated ability to engage constructively and actively with a range of stakeholders to establish collaborative partnerships in order to deliver services.
- Previous experience in local government, health or the university sectors will be highly regarded.
What's on Offer
The successful FP&A Accountant will be offered:
- Immediate start
- Flexible working arrangements
- Join an organisation with an inclusive culture