Fire Safety Engineer
Opportunity with a specialised Engineering Consultancy
Highly reputable organisation with a presence across Australia
About Our Client
Our client is a highly successful Engineering Consulting, providing Building and Industrial services across varies industries. With a highly driven, dedicated and ambitious team, the company has seen continuous growth throughout the year with a solid pipeline of projects secured going into 2021. The structure of the business allows for a highly flexible and adaptable work environment with the opportunity to work from home with the supportive management offering valuable training and skill development.
- Calculations, report writing, estimating and design tasks associated with the projects undertaken by our office. This would occur under direct supervision at first, with each step depending on your progress and confidence in approaching tasks unsupervised.
- Attendance at site inspections and project meetings, at first as an observer as part of your training path, eventually providing input. It is expected that you will have the ability to represent J2 Consulting Engineers at meetings within 3 months of commencement of employment.
- Familiarisation with office procedures, design techniques, calculation methods, and design software.
- Familiarisation with Australian Standards relevant to the building services field, the Building Code of Australia (BCA) and research into building services systems and design techniques using industry publications, technical manuals and the internet.
- Working with other engineers in a design team and taking direction from the directors. It is expected that you will be in a position to work relatively independently within a period of 12 months of commencement of full time employment.
- Participation in periodic staff meetings to conduct reviews of designs with other staff, discuss design topics or product updates (seminars) and program upcoming work commitments.
The Successful Applicant
What we are looking for:
- Bachelor's Degree Engineering or Equivalent
- Certificate in Fire Safety Engineering would be highly desirable
- At least 2 years' experience in a Fire Engineer position with experience and knowledge of the local Australian market
- Exposure to a variety of projects would be highly desirable
What's on Offer
- Flexible work arrangements (Work from home)
- Highly competitive salary
- Inter-state travel