Front End Web Developer
About Our Client
Michael Page Technology is proud to partner with this successful online business. Established in 2007, Online Auto Parts are continuing to grow after nearly a decade of operating and they are showing no signs of slowing down. A major factor of their success, is the fact that they build their own tools for managing technical product data and order process automation.
As a Front-End Web Developer, you will be motivated to combine the art of design with the art of programming. You will play an integral part of a creative process, by using your natural flare and design to evolve and rethink the way the website operates. You can raise the bar in your own career by having an active role in how the application looks and feels, as well as bridging the gap between graphical design and technical implementation.
Daily duties will include:
- Create customised solutions to extend site functionality and enhance user experience.
- Collaborate with the Marketing team to stay on top of new trends and design standards.
- Provide input into development, design and the enhancement of procedures through strong data analysis.
- Resolves issues and assist in isolating bugs.
The Successful Applicant
Skills and experience:
- Fundamental experience with front end and UX development.
- Fluent in HTML5, Bootstrap 3, CSS3 including CSS media queries.
- Experience with Java Server Pages in a J2EE environment or similar.
- Experience developing on e-commerce platforms.
- Expert knowledge with website best practices (headers, permissions, security, markup, speed etc.)
- Strong experience with template based websites.
- Solid knowledge of browser accessibility and compatibility.
- An impeccable eye for detail with the ability to match your UI to any design in a cross-browser environment with a focus on mobile-first design.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills with an affinity for problem-solving.
What's on Offer
- Work alongside a close knit, open-minded development team who are evolving development practises and eager to see new ones.
- Learn from a nifty team, hungry to build seamless user experiences for the future.
- The chance to create new ideas that positively impact the entire company (you won't just be a cog in the machine).
- Exposure and experience to all aspects of development from front end to backend web services.