Fund Accountant - Super | ASX | Perm | $70K-90K+ Super | CBD
Newly-created role in an ASX-listed, award winnning company
Permanent role, good team environment, training and guidance
About Our Client
The client is an ASX-listed company based in Sydney CBD. Being a key player in the financial services market, they have almost 100 funds and trusts under management, and delivering various services that is tailored to the needs of its stakeholders and delivering maximum value.
This role would play an important role in supporting the service delivery of the Fund Accounting team. .
In you next role, you will look after the following fund accounting functions:
- Maintain effective financial accounting control and general ledger systems;
- Undertake month-end balance sheet reconciliations;
- Coordinate with the custodian and prepare investment reconciliations;
- Prepare quarterly and annual returns to APRA in accordance with internal/external requirements;
- Assist in month-end/ year-end accrual journals preparation;
- Lodge Business Activity Statements and Income Activity Statements;
- Calculate of group life/salary sacrifices premiums and liaise with insurance providers;
- Review weekly PAYG installment and bank reconciliations;
- Authorize trustee expense payments and cash flow transfers;
- Participate in special projects and detailed analysis of administration systems as required to assist management in the client's query and efficiency;
- Assist to liaise with external auditors to complete annual auditing work.
The Successful Applicant
If you are highly driven with both projects and technical background, let's talk!
- Degree in Accounting, CPA/CA qualifications not required, with 2-4 years' local experience in similar role
- Accounting practical experience is necessary, superannuation knowledge is advantageous
- With good exposure to systems development and finance systems
- Experience working in both projects and finance BAU responsibilities
- Strong software skills including writing Macros from scratch
- MYOB-Based system knowledge is an advantage
- Ambitious, driven, willing to learn and grow and will work with minimal supervision
- Experience in implementation of accounting software
- Systems maintenance from an administration user perspective and finance systems experience
What's on Offer
Gain extensive exposure in an ASX environment and enjoy the following benefits:
- Newly-created role in an ASX-listed, award winning fintech company
- Negotiable salary depending on experience and skillsets
- Prime CBD location, close to public transport
- Good career progression for the right candidate
- Newly created role in this ASX listed fund manager. The role is an essential part of the financial reporting team.