General Manager - Shelving / Racking Solutions
Rapidly growing shelving / racking solutions organisation
Opportunity for progression
About Our Client
Our Client is a leading shelf manufacturing company, devoted to developing, manufacturing, and installation of innovative Shelf Products providing end to end solutions. The company's headquarters is based in China with a global footprint. Due to continued growth and demand in this market, the company is now recruiting a General Manager of Sales to develop market of Australia and New Zealand aiming to drive and achieve their global growth strategy.
The General Manager will utilize their industry knowledge and leadership skills within racking, shelf products and / or commercial fit outs, to lead the Melbourne team servicing all of Australia and New Zealand, and realise sales growth and alignment of global objectives, through implementation of process improvement, recruitment, strategic and financial planning, and sales project development.
- P&L responsibility - Implementation of financial planning and reporting, cost analysis and aligning budgets to realise growth.
- Through market analysis, develop and implement sales and marketing strategies to realise ANZ growth, aligning to global strategic growth objective.
- Take responsibility of and organise the market planning &development of Australian & New Zealand.Liaise with the team to execute a commercial business structure.
- Take responsibility of and organise the plan, development & management of sales channels.
- Key Account Management responsibilities. Develop key partnership with external stakeholders effectively growing new markets. Client and pipeline management to support the Sales team.
- Develop departmental processes and procedures with focus on meeting client's demands.
- Monitor and analyse performance metrics and suggest countermeasures.
- Prepare monthly, quarterly and annual sales forecasts and set sales targets for the team.
- Research and identify new clients and market opportunities.
- Provide effective solutions aligned to client's business scope and needs.
- Ensure new product development knowledge for yourself and the team with the implementation of sales strategies in relations to new product development.
The Successful Applicant
- Tertiary qualification in Business / Commerce / Marketing and /or relevant qualification.
- 10 years and above sales and marketing & market development working experience, and 8 years above shelving and racking related industry working experience.
- Commercial and /or warehouse fit out experience is also very advantageous.
- P&L reporting, commercial acumen, negotiation skills and strong strategic and financial planning.
- With sharp market insight and accurate business analysis capabilities, position the customer resources and develop and implement effective strategic plans.
- With strong customer development skills and customer management experience,possessing customer resources are preferred.
- Proven management experience of a high performing sales team.
- An ability to understand and analyse sales performance metrics.
- Analytical skills and problem solving skills.
- Flexible to travel nationally and occasionally internationally.
What's on Offer
- Generous package based on experience
- Opportunity to lead the ANZ business with the support of a global leader