Market Leader in Industrial Manufacturing
Leadership role with a large privately owned business
About Our Client
Our Client has built a strong reputation for high quality service and outcomes and is a leading provider of products and services to the Oil & Gas, Marine, Mining, Civil and Commercial Industries. The business has been operating in WA for over 40 years offering innovative solutions and extensive industry knowledge and experience in steel manufacturing with the capability to undertake large, medium and small-scale projects.
As the General Manager your primary focus is to implement and contribute to the strategic goals and objectives of the company which includes sales, operations, corporate policies and plans including plant and equipment maintenance. Your responsibilities will also include:
- Work effectively with the Managing Director to provide leadership across the Group
- Assist the MD in the development, implementation and compliance with key corporate policies
- Manage budget and operational costs and set KPIs around sales and production
- Motivate and lead the Western Region management team ensuring clear responsibilities and levels of accountability for all staff with a team of six direct reports and 200 - 250 indirect reports.
- Ensure the region meets prescribed sales targets as determined by the MD
- Responsible for managing and developing the Regions operations to meet delivery schedules at the optimum level of productivity and quality
- Contribute to and implement programs to enhance productivity, capacity and technological capabilities
- Analyse existing operations and produce capital expenditure requests to improve the overall business performance and shareholder returns.
- Control labour, equipment and maintenance costs and supervise operation of a maintenance team carrying out repairs and a planned maintenance program.
- Manage the finance and budget processes for all areas as delegated by the MD
- Ensure the region adheres to the OHS system and identify areas of improvement and risk.
The Successful Applicant
You will be a highly motivated and driven professional with previous experience as a General Manager in an industrial manufacturing environment. Additionally, you will possess:
- A tertiary education, preferably in mechanical engineering.
- Successful track record of leading a large manufacturing team in an industrial environment.
- Exposure to a number of different metal manufacturing environments with different processes and products.
- Proven financial and resource management skills.
- A genuine passion for continuous improvement and sound people management skills.
- Ability to communicate with a diverse range of employees and customers and a hands on approach toward team facilitation and conflict resolution.
What's on Offer
The successful candidate will be rewarded with the opportunity to broaden your skill set and develop your capabilities: Other benefits include:
* A competitive remuneration package
* Strong mentoring to engender career progression and individual goal setting
*A dynamic yet stable work environment with a focus on core team values