Full Operational responsibility
Opportunity to drive business growth
About Our Client
Access Safety Services is a specialist fabrication contractor that supply access platforms to the construction, resources and utilities industries globally. The business design and fabricates bespoke solutions to their customer from their facility in Dandenong South.
They are now seeking a high calibre General Manager to lead their Melbourne manufacturing site.
As the General Manager, your role is to manage the business operations in a way that maximises the profitability of the Company while providing a high level of customer satisfaction.
Defined Duties & Responsibilities
- Total profitability of the business.
- Plan and effectively implement strategies and policies for business development and growth.
- Work effectively with the stake holders of Access Safety and external stake holders.
- Explore opportunities that may strengthen the growth of the Company.
- Assist in the preparation, maintenance and monitoring of budgets in line with the current business plan and keeping in line with the objectives of the Company and its affiliates.
- Effectively manage all the resources and capital of the business for optimum performance.
- Negotiation of contractual terms and conditions with potential clients in relation to the supply (and installation where necessary) of the Company's products in accordance with Company policies.
- Coordinate, manage and maintain the balance required between production, project delivery, distribution and sales.
- Occupational Health and Safety of employees and subcontractors.
- Effectively negotiate and resolve any disputes in relation to customers, suppliers, or other interested parties that may arise in the normal course of doing business.
The Successful Applicant
The ideal candidate will have a strong operations background with a track record of growing an industrial manufacturing business. Experience in a metal fabrication jobbing environment is essential. You will most likely have an engineering background with sound business and accounting knowledge. The successful candidate will need to have natural leadership skills and an acute attention to detail. This role requires a hands-on approach, demonstrating natural and authentic people leadership skills. You will have a strong commercial understanding and be able to demonstrate a track record of handling the pressures of business growth.
What's on Offer
An attractive remuneration package will be provided for an exceptional candidate.