Full Operational accountability
Drive strategic direction of the organisation
About Our Client
Breakaway Group is a privately owned Australian organisation and are specialists in rotating machinery. The Group provides full end to end electro-mechanical engineering on High Voltage, Hazardous and Specialist motors.
The business is well established and proudly service some of Australia's most recognised organisations. Their focus is heavily centred around the customer and identifying what specialist solution they can offer. They listen to what their customers need and react which sees them continuously innovating and growing their market share.
The business is now seeking a high calibre General Manager to lead their Melbourne based operations out of their specialist facility in Melbourne's Western suburbs.
As the General Manager, your role is to strategically manage the business operations in a way that maximises the profitability of the Company whilst maintaining a high level of customer satisfaction.
Defined Duties & Responsibilities
- To profitably grow the business.
- Plan and effectively implement strategies and policies for business development and growth.
- Work effectively with the stake holders of Breakaway and external stake holders.
- Explore opportunities that may strengthen the growth of the Company.
- Assist in the preparation, maintenance, and monitoring of budgets in line with the current business plan and keeping in line with the objectives of the Company and its affiliates.
- Effectively manage all the resources and capital of the business for optimum performance.
- Negotiation of contractual terms and conditions with potential clients.
- Coordinate, manage and maintain the balance required between engineering, project delivery, and sales.
- Occupational Health and Safety of employees and subcontractors.
- Effectively negotiate and resolve any disputes in relation to customers, suppliers, or other interested parties that may arise in the normal course of doing business.
The Successful Applicant
The ideal candidate will have a strong operations background with a track record of growing an industrial engineering business. You will most likely have an engineering background with sound business knowledge. The successful candidate will need to have natural leadership skills and an acute attention to detail. This role requires a hands-on approach, demonstrating natural and authentic people leadership skills. You will have a strong commercial understanding and be able to demonstrate a track record of handling the pressures of business growth.
What's on Offer
Based in the Western Suburbs, this is an exciting role for a proven General Manager who is motivated to drive a business forward and lead an organisation to new heights. Someone who understands the complexities of working for a small privately owned business and has the ability to engage and bring the team on a journey. With an attractive package this role is the chance to join an established business that is in growth mode.