Large Scale Projects
Technically Challenging Role
About Our Client
Our client is an international multi-disciplinary consulting firm with a strong reputation for technical excellence across mining, hydropower, environmental, transportation, geotechnical, oil & gas, and water resources sectors. The Australian operation provides these services to a wide range of clients across Australia and surrounding countries with offices throughout the country.
The Australian operation provides Engineering and Geosciences services across a range of specialisations and are known as a leader in the Tailings management, dam designs, multi-disciplinary civil engineering services, geotechnical and foundation engineering, hydrogeology, hydrotechnical, and environmental and reclamation services.
Within this role you will be required to;
- Manage projects, project teams and mentor junior engineers;
- Lead projects including the development, review and approval of technical specifications, drawings and design reports including tender packages for major dams, mine waste facilities, containment facilities and mine infrastructure projects;
- Provide input into and prepare conceptual detailed engineering designs, engineering studies, feasibility studies and condition assessments;
- Work closely with clients through the full project life cycle from concept design through to construction, commissioning and operation stages.
The Successful Applicant
The successful candidate will ultimately have the following key skills and experience:
- Bachelors degree in Civil or Geotechnical Engineering;
- Ideally you will have 10+ years of experience in the energy, mining or related industry;
- RPEQ (or be eligible to for RPEQ) or CPEng
- Initiative, commitment to innovation and technical excellence as well as a focus on long-term success;
- Demonstrated leadership, project management, decision-making and coaching skills, especially your ability to train and mentor young professionals;
- Proven business acumen and your ability to develop and grow relationships with a variety of clients.
What's on Offer
On offer is a genuinely exciting position where you will get to work on large scale, world class projects that involve the design and constructions of tailing residue and waste water storage facilities within the Mining and Energy Resources sector. In addition you will be working within a supportive team culture in a company that values it's positive culture. Being an international company, you will also be given the opportunity to travel within Australia and Internationally to various field locations.
You will be rewarded with a competitive salary package and the opportunity to further develop your career within a growing company.
If you are currently working as a Geotechnical Engineer and would be interested in hearing more, please APPLY HERE for further information and a confidential discussion.