12 months contract
About Our Client
Our client is a prominent NSW Government agency looking for a geotechnical engineer to help with ongoing and future exciting projects.
- Conduct and manage field investigations to achieve the required scope of works within a set program.
- Actively participate and provide assistance to team members to facilitate the achievement of project objectives.
- Practical experience in geotechnical engineering, including the ability to scope and perform a geotechnical investigation, identify geotechnical problems and determine appropriate solutions.
- Experience and knowledge of geotechnical investigation methods and in-situ testings and development of site geotechnical model
- Undertake regional travel for fieldwork work/supervision, typically one (1) week (Monday to Friday) per month.
- Scope and prepare small to medium sized geotechnical investigation proposals with guidance.
- Prepare borehole location plans, geotechnical models and other report figures such as groundwater monitoring well installations.
- Understand and apply risk assessments for site hazard controls to effectively manage site safety.
- Perform field inspections and investigations and report on the geotechnical hazards or issues.
- Prepare geotechnical investigation plans, investigation cost estimates and the scheduling of laboratory testing programs.
The Successful Applicant
- Experience and knowledge conducting logging of in-situ materials and visual classification of soil and rock in general accordance with AS1726-2017 is essential.
- Experience and knowledge producing geotechnical investigation reports. Capability to report on site description and interpreted subsurface conditions is essential.
- Experience engaging, supervising and managing subcontractors for the purpose of conducting fieldwork investigations and in-situ testing.
- Working knowledge and awareness of relevant codes of practice and standards for geotechnical engineering is essential.
- Knowledge of geotechnical engineering principles and their application to design and construction, including use of specialist geotechnical software.
- Borehole log drafting experience using gINT is desirable.
- Civil/Geotechnical Engineer - eligible for membership of the Institution of Engineers, Australia (Trade Name: Engineers Australia); or Engineering Geologist with relevant post graduate engineering qualification
- Minimum of three (3) years of experience carrying out geotechnical investigations.
- Minimum of two (2) years of experience performing geotechnical fieldwork supervision.
- Valid unrestricted Australian Driver's License
What's on Offer
- Government Opportunity
- Long term contract