6 months with a view of permanency
FIFO 8:6 roster
About Our Client
An exciting opportunity to join an ASX listed organisation for a 6 month contract with a view of permanency.
- Provide a geotechnical service to the mine through understanding, complying, mentoring and liaising with business partners to promote full statutory compliance with mining regulations, legislation and company safety objectives relevant to ground control.
- Daily production tasks relating to geotechnical engineering including review of development plans, blast plans, documentation of inspections and data collection, geotechnical monitoring, stability analysis, recommendations and QAQC.
- Capable of running geotechnical aspects of a mine with some input from other senior staff and undertake work for medium term projects.
- Actively identify and manage geotechnical risks and the development of systems to monitor and manage these.
- Develop and maintain an understanding of excavation design, planning, geological and operational issues to identify and communicate potential opportunities and concerns.
- Collect and analyse geotechnical data including effective recognition, investigation, analysis of rock fall events and ground control issues. Update and report on the rock fall, seismic and other databases where applicable.
- Ensure that geotechnical life of mine contributions are of the highest quality by determining design parameters, modelling and advising on the most appropriate mine design and sequence including future mine projects.
The Successful Applicant
- Bachelor's degree in either Mine, Geology or Civil Engineering
- 5+ years experience in a similar Geotechnical Engineer role with strong knowledge in rock mechanics
- Proficiency with Vulcan
- Strong knowledge of the Mines Safety and Inspection Act and Regulations
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
What's on Offer
- Immediate or January 2021 start
- 6 month contract view of permanency
- 8:6 FIFO roster