GM of Sales - Global Logistics Business
Manage a team of highly trained Sales people in a leading Global 500 company
Industry leading Salary Package with great Career Progression opportunities
About Our Client
This is an exciting career opportunity to work in a multinational, Global 500 company that makes global trade happen. You will be interacting daily with colleagues internationally, giving you the opportunity to develop your professional skills in a global environment.
My client offers an exciting global career at the forefront of world trade, working with the best people in a global team culture with future growth opportunities in an industry that has a significant impact on the world economy.
When you join my client, you join a truly diverse, global organisation in a fast-moving, value based, work environment where you can grow on the job, create and shape their digital solutions, tap into industry leading talent development initiatives, enjoy working with your colleagues and broaden your world view through their international job postings.
Every business in every country wants access to a competitive shipping, logistics and port system and my client has created a company that offers one, easy-to-use solution to all the customer's shipping needs.
As a Channel Sales Manager, you will be joining my client in an exciting time of change. You will lead, develop, set strategies to help achieve targets and be responsible for ensuring a high level of performance of your assigned Sales team, with direct reports across ANZ.
- Deliver on sales targets, working with the Head of Sales and other Sales Managers to implement strategies, ensuring all targets are met.
- Lead your Sales Team through a strong coaching culture. Provide leadership and a working environment that inspires, recognises and sustains high performance across the team.
- Own your assigned Customer Base through your Sales Executives, ensuring you establish and maintain an appropriate multilevel relationship with customers.
- Drive the customer experience using the information available to target areas of improvement.
- Establish a strong internal network with other Channel Sales Managers across the company to identify, promote and establish best practice.
- Understand the local markets, focusing on ways in which the activities of customers influence shipping patterns.
- Drive performance within the team through a continuous improvement mindset.
The Successful Applicant
The successful candidate will have the following core competencies:
- Proven General or Sales Management experience - preferably within the transportation industry.
- Leadership - ability to engage and develop their team to drive business results in a changing environment.
- Demonstrated results - performance, leadership and organisational wise.
- Experience from various markets / countries is desirable.
- Ability to effectively manage a team, driving empowerment to the front line.
- Collaboration - can bring people together in order to get the job done and or drive more meaningful solutions. Is a connector (internally and externally)
- Strong coaching skills dedicated to the development of their employees.
- Clear understanding of logistics and supply chain.
- Keen interest in the commercial success of the company.
What's on Offer
- Industry leading Salary Package
- The opportunity to work in a Global 500 company
- Career development and growth opportunities
- Central Sydney office location