Group Treasury Director
About Our Client
Based in Dubai, our client is a large organization with a diversified range of businesses generating turnover in excess of USD 1 billion.
The Group Treasury Director will lead and manage the Group Treasury function and is responsible for funding strategy, management of cash, risk management and managing the Group's banking relationships.
The Treasury Director will report to the Group CFO and provide advice to protect shareholder interests and maximize value creation with a long term view on risk and compliance. The role includes guiding the corporate Investment and Financial Risk committees. Additionally the chosen incumbent will ensure the Group is complying with the Treasury Policy; staying abreast of economic/market conditions and supervising the Treasury team.
The successful candidate will be directly responsible for the Group's local and overseas treasury matters and will control the funding requirements and current loan facilities.
The job would require:
• Strong understanding of debt capital markets.
• Prior exposure to managing financial risk in emerging markets.
• Strong understanding of derivative instruments and commodity products.
• Prior experience in Treasury systems implementation
• Experience with international reporting and knowledge of IFRS reporting with strong experience in Hedge Accounting.
• Strong experience of treasury operations (debt, investments, transactions and financial risk management) in both developed and developing countries, ideally including the MENA region
• Strong knowledge of derivatives
The Successful Applicant
The Treasury Director:
• Should be ACT qualified (or ACA – Chartered Accountant); hold a degree in Finance; post graduate level qualification is preferable (MSc, MBA);
• Has a minimum of 10-15 years progressive experience in MNC with exposure to EMEA region
• Has prior corporate treasury experience in a multinational company (FTSE/ Fortune preferred)
• Should have developed and emerging markets coverage experience
• Has strong interpersonal and communication skills, for liaising with senior management, operational staff, and company bankers and investors
• Is attentive to detail and accuracy, for dealing with company funds and managing substantial contracts and capital projects
• Is entrepreneurial in nature, hardworking and initiative drive
What's on Offer
Excellent tax free package with benefits: generous bonus, family medical and business class flights.
Remuneration will be offered to reflect the strength of your expertise and experience and will include excellent expatriate benefits.
Where specific UK qualifications are required we will take into account overseas equivalents. All third party applications will be forwarded to Michael Page.