Head of Brand & Advertising
*Build upon a brand with a focus on taking this organisation to the next level
*Business critical position
About Our Client
About our client
I am pleased to be working exclusively with MyState Limited, an Australian diversified financial services group listed on the ASX. They are a leading provider of banking, trustee and wealth management services to customers nationally through their retail brands - MyState Bank and TPT Wealth. They pride themselves on a human-centred approach and building trust with customers and community. With ambitious plans to grow the brand across Mainland Australia, they are now looking for a Head of Brand & Advertising to take this to the next level.
Reporting to the GM Digital & Marketing, the Head of Brand & Advertising will take the lead on building upon the already strong foundation of the organisation's brand vision and strategy. The right candidate will be an exceptional communicator who can translate and influence across all levels of stakeholders. This role will be pivotal in developing a strategic approach to enable growth for MyState's key markets.
Your responsibilities will include but not limited to:
- Translate the brand vision into a coherent strategy, and bring this to life in key markets as an enabler for growth. Design and execute initiatives to improve brand metrics and achieve business outcomes in priority and new markets.
- Play a lead role with agency partners with a focus on unlocking new opportunities in media and the ongoing messaging to build brand awareness and consideration.
- Bring creativity and life to the advertising process to enable the brand to achieve cut-through and consequently increase brand awareness, consideration and drive top of funnel activity
- Track and translate performance of campaigns and initiatives across ATL and other key channels to drive continuous improvement
- Manage the Brand story across the organisation, driving and championing a consistent brand experience across every touch-point and bringing the brand to life
- Hire and lead a growing team to deliver plans and initiatives in alignment with targets, priorities, budgets and other business outcomes.
The Successful Applicant
The ideal candidate
You are a self-starter, a creative, proactive and driven Brand & Advertising leader. You are clear thinker, with strong influencing skills and can translate the vision into a strategy the whole organisation can get on board with. You have excellent interpersonal and stakeholder management skills. Clear, articulate and impactful communication style with the ability to manage senior stakeholders and C-level partners
- a background in the financial services industry, it is vital this candidate understands working within a highly regulated environment.
- Demonstrated experience and understanding of paid media across multiple channels.
- Similar experience in brand and advertising, with a passion and strong understanding of what it takes to build and grow a challenger brand.
- Can inspire and influence others while leading your team from the front.
- You think outside the box and take ownership - you work smarter with finite resources and budgets to make things happen.
- A growth mindset, curious, customer centric and results oriented. A rapid learner who contributes holistically to the organisation
- Experienced with managing significant budgets and teams.
What's on Offer
- Flexible / remote work conditions and a convenient Sydney CBD location
- Attractive salary package
- Be part of a growing Digital & Marketing Team
- Enjoy a flat structure in a fast-paced environment
- Start as soon as possible
- Travel involved to Hobart, Tasmania on a regular basis