- Long Term Parental Leave Contract
- Work for Perth Festival
About Our Client
Perth Festival are an annually curated multi-genre arts festival in Perth, WA that showcases the very best of national and international film, theatre, circus, dance, literature and music. Our team expands from a core team of 34 to over 200 at the peak of Festival - creating a unique, fast paced and ever-changing working environment. Based in Crawley, with parking available on site, Perth Festival is a dynamic environment that engages with some of the most incredible professionals, artists and art in the world. They work hard, love what they do and they empower their team to work flexibly in a way that suits their lifestyle.
The Head of Corporate Services reports through to the Executive Director and leads across a small team of Finance, IT, and Administration. The Head of Corporate Services is responsible for ensuring the overall financial objectives of the organisation are met, with accuracy, managing the varying needs of external and internal stakeholders. The Head of Corporate Services, also holds the Company Secretary role for the organisation.
- Ensuring compliance with legislation and regulations for ASIC and ACNC
- Collating the Board Pack and Committee Meeting documents in line with the relevant principles and rules of the Committees.
- Managing the relationship with the Board, including providing additional financial reporting as and when required including profit and loss statements, balance sheets, statements and a comprehensive suite of forecasting reports
- Provide strategic financial advice informed by a deep understanding of commercial risk and compliance
- Actively maintain a well partnered and dynamic relationship with the senior leadership team, parent organisation and the Board
- In close collaboration with the senior leadership team and the Finance Manager, support and oversee the budget process and ensure budgets targets are achieved, including future forecasting and re forecasting current budgets as required
- With the support of the Finance Manager, manage all audits in partnership with the appointed internal and external Auditors
- Responsible for cost control throughout the organisation in conjunction with the Executive Director
- Oversee payments of creditors, cash forecasting, monitoring of foreign exchange, invoicing, payments of debtors and authorise the preparation and payment of payroll inclusive of superannuation, salary sacrifice and leave management
- In collaboration with relevant departments, support the preparation of financial requirements for grant and sponsorship acquittals, providing information, data and figures as required
- Manage all Finance and Finance System related projects, including new system implementation
The Successful Applicant
In order to be successful you will bring the following experience;
- Relevant tertiary qualifications or equivalent competency
- CA or CPA qualified (or equivalent)
- Substantial relevant financial management experience at a senior level
- Deep knowledge of and understanding of risk, compliance, financial policy, legal requirements, contracting and high level financial procedures
- Proficiency in a range of computing skills including spreadsheets, word processing, databases, internet and email
- Ability to work independently, with accurate attention to detail
- Experience with and confidence in liaising with Boards and Financial, Risk and Audit Committees
- Ability to show initiative and work productively as part of a team with a clear track record of collaborating across departments to meet financial objectives
- Highly developed organisational skills and ability to set priorities, manage competing demands, and meet deadlines
- Highly developed interpersonal, relationship and communication skills
What's on Offer
A long term parental leave cover contract with an approximate duration of 10 months full time role based in Perth with easy parking on site, this role offers the opportunity to be a part of a genuinely iconic and mission led WA not for profit, working with a very passionate group of professionals.