Head of Franchisee Development
Significant change role.
High profile role with national remit, working with the CEO
About Our Client
Forty Winks was established in 1984 and has grown to become one of Australia's leading Sleep Specialist retailers. An iconic brand and successful franchise operation, the Forty Winks network is comprised of 103 stores and employs over 600 customer service staff nationally. All of these stores are proudly Australian owned family businesses, operated by independent retailers. This newly created leadership role will be customer facing and work closely with the CEO in support of the brand's growth objectives.
Reporting directly to the CEO, the Head of Franchisee Development will operate on a national remit and encompass several areas of responsibility:
* Work closely with franchisees in order to accelerate the store expansion program and the National Support Centre team to implement productivity initiatives designed to optimise the performance of the current Forty Winks network.
* Form strong relationships with franchisees and suppliers as the basis for gaining their commitment to key strategic initiatives, as well as a host of tactical initiatives designed to drive in-store efficiencies.
* Lead, design and initiate benchmarking and reporting structures which will help store operators to better understand key metrics and how to use data to build strong and sustainable businesses.
The Successful Applicant
The Head of Franchisee Development will require an executive with a broad range of skills and experiences across the retail sector, specifically within a franchise framework.
The successful candidate will be able to demonstrate:
* Extensive experience with multi-site retail businesses, with proven experience of the franchisee industry.
* A proven sales leader, you will have run large, national remits and be comfortable looking to evolve and train teams from a sales and business development perspective.
* A demonstrable track record of leading business change, with highly developed listening and communication skills and the ability to be proactive and lead teams remotely.
* You will be a people and culture leader, able to articulate a compelling vision, create outcomes through influence and, by doing so, develop strong relationships with key stakeholders.
What's on Offer
Forty Winks will offer an executive level base for this role, with the opportunity to shape a culture and evolve an established and successful team into their next phase.
The successful candidate can be based in either Melbourne or Sydney, and in keeping with the role's strong customer focus, regular interstate and regional travel is a requirement.