Head of Human Resources- Optus Stadium
A newly created strategic HR leadership role at Perth's iconic Optus Stadium
Work for a multi-purpose venue awarded the most beautiful stadium the world
About Our Client
VenuesLive is a leading provider of management and hospitality services to venues and events. It operates three of Australia's most iconic stadiums - Optus Stadium in Perth, ANZ Stadium, and the new Bankwest Stadium in Sydney.
VenuesLive is committed to growth and innovation in the areas of venue management, event delivery and catering services; leveraging its team's extensive management and operations expertise to bring to life world-class events, service delivery, and a 'fans first' live sport and entertainment experience in all VenuesLive serviced venues.
Reporting to the Chief Executive Officer WA (CEO), this role is responsible for the effective management of the VenuesLive WA Human Resources Function, as well as overseeing the strategy and operational delivery of the Event Staffing Function in WA.
Key Deliverables include:
- Development and delivery of HR Strategy for the business in WA.
- Ensure that the Company has an appropriately skilled team of permanent and casual staff to meet the needs of the Company and to deliver a 'fans first experience'.
- Review and develop HR and Event Staffing Systems and Processes to ensure efficient delivery and deployment of labour for the business.
- Coordinate with VenuesLive NSW HR in aligning policies and procedures across the HR and Event Staffing function.
- Motivate and reward current staff and develop strategies for ongoing improvement and retention.
- Support the CEO in leading the Executive Team to develop the culture of the business.Managing complex performance management issues.
Partnering with the General Managers of Catering and Events & Operations to develop an event staffing strategy to;
- Increase efficiencies in recruiting and utilisation of a large casual workforce.
- Improve systems and processes that support the Event Staffing management process.
- Optimise communication with Event staff.
- Lead the development of a Labour Relations strategy. Improve relationship with casual staffing team and head office.
- Lead the high-performance strategy including; performance appraisal, goal setting, remuneration, training, reward and recognition.
- Supporting the professional development initiatives of the business.
The Successful Applicant
- The successful candidate will be a self-starter and take responsibility for the HR and Event Staffing Function.
- Tertiary qualification in an appropriate field.
- Strong technical HR experience and knowledge as well as having the initiative to work cross functionally.
- Confident to engage with all people across the business.
- HR professional who can add strategic value and opinions to support the overall business strategy and goals.
- Experience in developing Labour Relations strategies and negotiating appropriate outcomes.
- Relevant experience with a large workforce.
- Strong leadership and people management experience is essential.
- Ability to work on event days (including weekends) as appropriate to understand the business.
What's on Offer
- Permanent leadership role.
- Work for a multi-purpose venue awarded the most beautiful stadium the world at the 2019 Prix Versailles International Architecture Awards.
- Join a dynamic, high-achieving team that is dedicated to helping create a 'fans first' experience.
- Join a business that recognises that people are their greatest assets.
- Strategic HR role with direct management of the Human Resource and Event Staffing Function.