Head of Market Development- ANZ (Melbourne or Sydney based)
Highly Reputable Global Diagnostics Company
Exciting/ multi-faceted Sales leadership role across various divisions/ products
About Our Client
QIAGEN is a leading global provider of sample and assay technologies for molecular diagnostics, applied testing, academic and pharmaceutical research. Its strong investment into research and development has led to their thriving environment and strong product growth in recent years. The company has continued to experience substantial growth, leading to an exciting opportunity to join their market development team.
Reporting to the General Manager-ANZ you will be managing a team of five Market Development Manager's nationally and be responsible for growing this integral part of the business. You will lead from the front and work in a highly autonomous manner to achieve results.
As a key member of the leadership team, your responsibilities will include:
- Growing the overall business segments under your supervision which will include X5 Market Development Manager's across various therapy areas including: Academia, Genomics, Biox, Quantiferon etc.
- Playing a very hands-on role coaching and developing the team of Market Development Managers so that they have the skills and tools to achieve targets
- Implementation of company strategy through specific territory plans considering current market trends
- Responsible for the development and monitoring of the monthly, quarterly and annual sales targets
- Ensure forecast accuracy, pipeline management and customer satisfaction and compliance with the requested reporting
- Working closely with customers in ANZ and strengthening relations with key decision makers and KOL's
- Working collaboratively with the local leadership team as well as colleagues internationally
The Successful Applicant
You will be a highly driven and experienced Sales leader with an aptitude and passion for sales and a strong aspiration for new challenges. The successful applicant will have:
- Tertiary qualifications (ideally a Business or Science Degree) Masters or equivalent preferred
- Minimum of 5 years of Sales experience in the Diagnostics space having worked locally
- Minimum of 3 years of proven successful leadership, and budget experience
- Strong knowledge of the clinical laboratory environment
- Clinical experience in the Academia, Genomics, Women's Health, Immunology, Pathology segments will also be highly regarded as well as solid experience within the broader Diagnostics Medical Device world
- Excellent problem-solving skills
- Knowledge of the competitor landscape will be highly advantageous for this role as well as a strong understanding of the overall market and where the specific opportunities lie currently. You will be highly accountable in the role and be innovative and quick to make decisions
What's on Offer
The successful individual will be part of a highly collaborative community and have the opportunity to work with a leading global research-based company within a dynamic and fast-paced environment. The company offers the successful candidate career progression and tools and support to succeed.
- A highly competitive Base Salary + Super + Car Allowance
- A generous commission/ bonus scheme
- Various other fringe benefits