- Opportunity to join an Iconic Australian business
- Leading a team of 7, accountability for Marketing strategy and implementation
About Our Client
This is a fantastic opportunity to join a leading Australian brand who is focused on driving value for their customers. A business that has embraced flexible working and looks to empower their people to achieve. This is a business that has been on a brand and digital transformation journey and values continuous improvement. With a diversity program in place they believe that you should be free to be yourself in an environment that embraces diversity and offers equal opportunities. Career development opportunities are also on offer, they are committed to helping their staff be their best and provide both in-house and external development opportunities. You will be joining a large marketing team that are structured using Agile methodology.
As the Head of Marketing, this is a key role within the marketing structure and business division. This is a senior role within the business and you will be part of the leadership team for the portfolio. We are looking for someone who is commercially minded and business focused. Someone who has the ability to pull together multiple facets of a complex organisation to deliver value for the business and their customers.In this role you will:
- Lead the development and delivery of the strategic marketing plan to support the achievement of business plan targets across the portfolio.
- Champion the development and be accountable for the delivery of a robust marketing strategy
- Develop, optimise and refine the values-based propositions across this portfolio to ensure benchmarks / targets are continually met and challenged.
- Actively contribute to the development of business strategy and plans working closely with the leadership team.
- Liaise, negotiate and influence senior managers in the development and delivery of business and marketing plans.
- Role model leadership behaviours and coaching and be accountable for individual development and performance management of the team.
- Own and be accountable for respective portfolio marketing budget and plan outcomes pursuant to this marketing investment.
- Continually champion efficiencies through active planning and optimisation
The Successful Applicant
To be considered for the role of Head of Marketing we are looking for someone from a background in: Retail, FMCG, Entertainment or Travel. We are looking for someone who is commercially minded and business focused. Someone who has the ability to pull together multiple facets of a complex organisation to deliver a value for the business and customers.
- 10 + years strategic marketing experience in business to consumer discipline
- Degree Qualified in Marketing, Business or Related Field
- Proven ability to develop marketing strategy, which governs multiple streams of delivery
- Extensive strategic marketing experience, including a proven quantitative ability
- Proven experience in leading high performing teams in dynamic environments and delivering positive business outcomes
- Strong presentation, communication and written skills
- Commercial and financial acumen.
- Experienced people leader, who has guided development of individuals at varying levels of experience
- Exceptional relationship management and influencing skills
- Ability to work at pace but also ability to navigate a complex environment (ability to operate in a multi-speed environment)
- Proven resilience, tenacity and not giving up
- Solutions focused approach to problem solving.
- Outcomes focused and can make things happen- ability to manage through influence.
- Someone who can operate on strategy and big picture, also able to get into the detail on the operational side of the role
What's on Offer
This is a fantastic opportunity to join an Iconic Australian Brand as Head of Marketing, which is a key leadership role within the business. Based in Melbourne's CBD, you will be working for a company who is values led and is customer centric. A business that is continuously looking to add value to its customers. A flexible work environment and a culture that believes in empowerment to ensure their employees thrive and succeed. This is a highly influential role within the business and we are looking for someone who is interested in embarking on a role that is both strategic and operational in nature. A competitive package and variety of benefits on offer