Head of Operations
Full operational accountability
About Our Client
FGB Natural Products is a thriving Australian-owned company which manufactures and markets a range of safe, natural and effective products. With a range of proprietary brands including Bosisto's and Euky Bear, the company is also the exclusive distributor for Vicks Home Health and Braun Health & Wellbeing in Australia and NZ. FGB's team of highly skilled employees are driving year on year growth in product sales both in Australia and overseas.
As the Head of Operations, you will have overall accountability of Production, Procurement, Planning, Inventory Control, QA/QC, Warehousing, Distribution, Engineering and Site Maintenance.
- Provide leadership to the operations function, clearly communicating goals and objectives and driving accountability and outcomes across the organisation
- Ensure compliance with GMP and OH&S requirements across the site
- Develop systems of work to deliver operational excellence in terms of productivity, quality and safety
- Drive an environment of lean manufacturing and continuous improvement through measurement of operational processes and practices
- Develop and implement supply strategies to support growth in demand for FGB's products
- Be a member of the Leadership Team and play a key role in formulating and executing business strategy
- Report on adherence to monthly budgets and KPIs, address issues promptly and with sound judgement
- Identify and manage operational risks to the business and develop and recommend actions to mitigate risks across the supply chain
The Successful Applicant
The preferred candidate will have relevant experience in similar roles, demonstrate strong leadership capabilities and have the capacity to collaborate and bring new ideas and solutions to a traditional work environment. A hands-on approach, demonstrating natural and authentic people leadership skills is essential.
- Experience in senior Operations roles in a pharmaceutical or FMCG manufacturing environment
- Demonstrated thought leader - both strategic and analytical
- Proven track record of continuous improvement and/or lean implementation success
- Strong understanding of the broader supply chain
- Tertiary qualified in preferably Engineering, Management or relevant disciplines
- Strong commercial mindset
- Outstanding people skills, including a genuine interest in mentoring future leaders
- Ability to communicate effectively from the shop floor to executive level
What's on Offer
You will be rewarded with a highly competitive remuneration package and the opportunity to work for a profitable, privately owned business that puts their employees first.