Head of Research: Data Science
Deploy scalable algorithms in ML/AI cases
About Our Client
One of the biggest internet company in South East Asia, based in Jakarta. As one of the few unicorn players in the region - join a growing Data Science and R&D team as the brain behind every product and tech innovation. Solving problems related to ecommerce, financial tech, logistics, infrastructure, and many more.
As our Head of Research, you are our subject matter expert in Machine Learning in Big Data environment.
You will tackle key challenges in Machine Learning problems including image, text and voice based predictive customer journeys, optimizing customer Servicing Channels and adding significant value to the servicing capabilities of the organization.
- Regularly engage with business teams to understand their needs and imperatives and operationalize a framework for deploying Machine Learning models
- Prototype and simulate use cases for Machine learning and ability to operationalize into workable algorithms & solutions.
- Provide Deep Learning expertise to the DS team members
- Advise on the latest research and technologies in AI
- Lead research to advance the science and technology of intelligent machines.
- Lead research that enables learning the semantics of data (images, video, text, audio, speech and other modalities).
- Advise better data-driven models of human behavior.
- Rigorous testing of algorithms as per business norms and delivering significant working leverage over status quo and generate value for the business.
- Deploy models in production environment and regular maintenance of production variables like Lift, Support, Confidence and continuous bootstrapping of sample cases for revalidation of results.
- Capability of writing, debugging and compiling codes in multiple Machine Learning environment and not limited to Python/Pyspark, Apache Spark, R Spark etc.
The Successful Applicant
Open for expats and Indonesian Returnees. Must have PhD degree and publications in Machine Learning, AI, computer science, statistics, applied mathematics, data science, or related technical fields. As a subject matter expert in research and AI/ML, we stress that you are a curious by nature and enjoys problem solving.
- Experience solving analytical problems using quantitative approaches
- Experience manipulating and analyzing data from different sources
- Experience in theoretical and empirical research and for answering questions with research
- Experience with Deep learning frameworks such as TensorFlow, Keras, PyTorch, Caffe etc
- Ability to create fun and engaging demos or proofs-of-concept to communicate ideas
- Ability to communicate complex solutions to business
- Experience with programming language like C/C++, Java, and/or Scala
- Has published at least 5 publications
- 3+ years of experience in Applied Research using Deep Learning
What's on Offer
A one of a kind specialist role tackling ML problems in cases such as image quality, personalization, text mining, search enhancements, etc.