Head of Sales- Molecular Diagnostics (Flexible on Location)
Highly reputable global diagnostics company
Entrepreneurial and hands-on leadership role within a fast growing business un
About Our Client
QIAGEN is a leading global provider of sample and assay technologies for molecular diagnostics, applied testing, academic and pharmaceutical research. Its strong investment into research and development has led to their thriving environment and strong product growth in recent years. The company has continued to experience substantial growth, leading to an exciting opportunity to head up their Molecular Diagnostics business.
Reporting to the General Manager-ANZ you will be managing a medium sized team of Account Managers nationally and be responsible for growing this integral part of the business. You will lead from the front and work in a highly autonomous manner to achieve results.
As a key member of the leadership team, your responsibilities will include:
- Growing the Molecular Diagnostics business and increasing market share
- Playing a very hands-on role coaching and developing the sales team so that they have the skills and tools to achieve targets
- Implementation of company strategy through specific territory plans considering current market trends
- Responsible for the development and monitoring of the monthly, quarterly and annual sales targets
- Ensure forecast accuracy, pipeline management and customer satisfaction and compliance with the requested reporting
- Working closely with customers in ANZ and strengthening relations with key decision makers and KOL's
- Working collaboratively with the local leadership team as well as colleagues internationally
- Recruiting key personnel into the team and training/ developing Sales specialists on an ongoing basis
The Successful Applicant
You will be a highly driven and experienced Sales leader with an aptitude and passion for sales and a strong aspiration for new challenges. The successful applicant will have:
- Tertiary qualifications (ideally a Business or Science Degree) Masters or equivalent preferred
- Minimum of 5 years of Sales experience in the Diagnostics/ Medical Device field
- Proven successful leadership, and budget experience (Minimum 3 years)
- Strong knowledge of the clinical laboratory environment
- In depth working knowledge of Molecular Diagnostics is strongly desired
- Clinical experience in the Infectious diseases, Immunology, Occupational Health Screening segments will also be highly regarded
- Excellent problem-solving skills
Knowledge of the competitor landscape will be highly advantageous for this role as well as a strong understanding of the overall market and where the specific opportunities lie currently. You will be highly accountable in this role and be innovative and quick to make decisions.
What's on Offer
The successful individual will be part of a highly collaborative community and have the opportunity to work with a leading global research-based company within a dynamic and fast-paced environment. The company offers the successful candidate career progression and tools and support to succeed.
- A highly competitive Base Salary + Super + Car Allowance
- A generous Commission/ Bonus scheme
- Various other fringe benefits