- Head of Technology Solutions. Newly Created Role.
- Reporting to the CTO. Leading Retailer.
About Our Client
Our client is a leading retailer who has created a new senior management IT role. The Head of Technology Solution will be accountable for defining, selecting, and implementing the technology platform that underpins organisational strategy.
Reporting to the CTO the Head of Technology Solutions will be responsible for:
- Supporting the CTO and Executive Team in defining Customer Experience strategy and roadmap
- Developing and implementing roadmaps to maximise return on investment and minimise change impact
- Preparing long-term investment plans to be included into annual budget and organisational plans
- Producing business cases for each key initiative and obtaining appropriate approvals
- Consistently improving implemented systems to keep up with the demands of the business and improve overall reliability and efficiency
- Continually assess the market and technology landscape and update the strategy to ensure it stays relevant
- Leading small specialists teams to deliver and assess proof-of-concepts quickly in order to stay ahead of the market
The Successful Applicant
As the successful candidate you will ideally possess:
- Practical understanding of best practice application/system architecture principles
- Previous experience in a senior management IT Strategy/Architecture position
- Previous industry experience within the Retail sector
- People management experience
- Experience and aptitude in designing and implementing system roadmaps
- Exposure to software engineering and system architecture
- Basic understanding of infrastructure: data centres, networking, cloud, hardware
- POS and eCommerce System Analyst or Solution Architect experience
What's on Offer
Newly created role. Leading retailer. Senior management opportunity. Reporting to the CTO.