Health, Safety & Wellbeing (HSW) Advisor
Immediate start for a 3-month contract role
Health Safety & Wellbeing (HSW) Advisor with an industry leading business.
About Our Client
Our client is a government owned utilities provider who service the people of Melbourne. Due to an increase in demand, they require an HSW Advisor to join their Health, Safety & Wellbeing team.
- Maintain management system certification and lead transition to ISO45001.
- Work collaboratively across the business to identify, elaborate, and drive improvements and integration of the health and safety management system (HSMS).
- Monitor for and evaluate impact of existing, new, and upcoming legislation and ensure change management plans are proposed proactively.
- Provide support on development, scheduling and implementation of audit regime (internal and external) in consultation with relevant activity owner
- Analyse Health & Safety (H&S) related business processes; proactively identify alternative/new/improved H&S technological solutions to meet business needs - assess feasibility and document business case proposals.
- Build relationships and drive a positive safety culture to enable leading HSW performance and effective service delivery.
- Lead innovative and modern approaches to guide simplification of local HSW systems, processes, and practices for ease of use and targeted to value-add activities and risk elimination/reduction or control.
The Successful Applicant
The successful candidate will possess the following skills & experience:
- Tertiary qualification in Occupational Health & Safety &/or related field.
- Strong experience (5+ years) in development and continuous improvement of certified safety management systems (AS4801 / ISO45001).
- Demonstrable knowledge of Victorian OHS and W/Comp legislation, and experience in interpretation and practical application.
- Effective communication skills, with an ability to import knowledge and coach others.
- Proficient Microsoft word, excel, PowerPoint and outlook skills.
- Sound analytical and conceptual skills, strong attention to detail, a logical approach to problem solving and an investigative and inquisitive mind.
- Experience in stakeholder engagement and project management.
- Demonstrated strong planning and organisational skills, across multiple tasks, including meeting deadlines.
The following skills are not essential but are desired:
- Understanding/knowledge of the utilities industry and its associated activities.
- OHS or related investigation qualification (e.g., Taproot, ICAM or other)
What's on Offer
A competitive remuneration package is on offer to the successful candidate along with the opportunity to join a strong team in an industry leading company.
Please click 'Apply' below or call Jamie Macdonald on 03 8640 3138.