IN-HOUSE COMMERCIAL LAWYER - ASX LISTED, NATIONAL RETAIL BRAND!
FAST-PACED AND DYNAMIC WORKING ENVIRONMENT
About Our Client
Our client is one of the largest in-store and online ASX listed retailers in Australia with thousands of stores nation-wide!
An exciting opportunity has arisen for an all-round Commercial Lawyer to join the in-house legal Team of this multi-billion, national organisation to provide this range of end-to-end commercial legal advice.
Your duties will include, but are not limited to:
- Structuring and documenting strategic joint venture, reseller and partnership arrangements;
- Drafting and negotiating a variety of commercial agreements, including (but not limited to) long term or exclusive supply agreements, consulting agreements, trade agreements and procurement agreements, licences;
- Drafting and negotiating agreements with financial institutions, intermediaries, insurance and telecommunications carriers;
- Advising on regulatory matters with each of the various financial products and services offered;
- advising on the commercial law aspects of new services product developments;
- Advising on the Australian Consumer Law, particularly in the context of the marketing of goods and services and trade promotions for financial, insurance and mobile phone services.
- Advising across general commercial legislation and regulation
- Assisting with the handling of complaints from a commercial and regulatory perspective
- Overall risk & compliance issues
The sky is the limit with this role and growth and career progression will be encouraged from within!
The Successful Applicant
What they are looking for:
- A Solicitor admitted in NSW with at least 4yrs general commercial experience from a reputable private practice law firm or recognised in-house team;
- Some experience in, or exposure to, the financial services industry is desirable as there is a small amount of retail banking work but an understanding of financial services regulation is not required;
- It would also be desirable, but not essential, to have some telecommunications industry experience, especially within mobile services;
- A genuine willingness to be versatile and flexible to take on new tasks to meet a fast-paced changing business and diverse client needs;
- An ability to prioritise competing demands and business expectations and to manage a large volume of diverse matters;
- An ability to be self-sufficient and work independently but also as a collaborative team player;
- The capacity to deal confidently with stakeholders at all levels;
- Superior negotiation, communication and influencing skills;
- Strong analytical skills and proficiency in developing and implementing legal strategies in a commercial context;
- Extensive legal drafting skills with a great eye-for-detail and technical capability
- Strong commercial acumen and passionate about driving the business forward
- Ability to develop strong relationships both internally and externally
- Extremely driven and dedicated lawyers ready to roll up their sleeves and hit the ground running!
- Very personable and approachable and committed to being part of a very close-knit and successful legal team.
What's on Offer
This is a superb in-house opportunity to use your commercial acumen and legal skills to provide strategic and risk-balanced legal advice across a broad range of fascinating businesses in a fast-paced and dynamic environment for a national, retail giant!!