In-house Privacy Lawyer
Interesting and varied work
Great work culture and people
About Our Client
Our client is the statutory insurer of third-party personal liability for road accidents in the State of Victoria. This role will be under the Community Relations division, and will be responsible for assisting with the coordinate and manage the organisation's privacy function and to implement the organisations Privacy Strategy.
The key responsibilities include:
- Make decisions with respect to an applicant's right to access information by applying the provisions of the FOI Act and the TAA.
- Process sensitive, high-profile FOI requests for corporate information received from the media, politicians, and other individuals.
- Respond to subpoenas, warrants, statutory orders and other information within legal/negotiated timeframes.
- Receiving privacy incident reports, assessing the incidents and formulating a response action plan where required.
- Receiving and responding to privacy complaints.
- Reporting on privacy trends.
- Providing on privacy trends.
- Providing advice on matters relating to privacy.
- Conducting Privacy Impact Assessments.
- Managing and implementing privacy policies and work practices.
- Assisting the TAC to meeting its privacy compliance obligations, including facilitating audits.
The Successful Applicant
- Demonstrated experience working in Freedom of Information & Privacy
- Australian practicing certificate
- Strong planning and prioritisation capabilities
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Leadership experience preferred but not essential
What's on Offer
- Opportunity to join a leading government organisation
- Excellent training programs
- Great work culture