IN-HOUSE PROPERTY LAWYER - ASX LISTED, NATIONAL RETAIL BRAND!
A fully diverse range of commercial property matters
Competitive Salary and rewards package
About Our Client
Our client is one of the largest in-store and online ASX listed retailers in Australia with thousands of stores nation-wide!
An exciting opportunity has arisen for an experienced Property Lawyer to join the in-house legal Team of this multi-billion, national organisation to provide a range of end-to-end transactional and property-related legal advice.
Reporting directly to the Group's General Counsel, your duties will include, but are not limited to:
- acquisitions and disposals;
- agreements for lease and lease preparation and negotiation;
- end-to-end lease management - renewals, variations, surrenders, enquiries;
- licences and land access arrangements;
- property related disputes;
- property development (development agreements, security arrangements and land subdivision); and
- providing advice in relation to make-good obligations and enforcing amenity provisions across the national leasehold portfolio.
The sky is the limit with this role and growth and career progression will be encouraged from within
The Successful Applicant
What they are looking for:
- A Solicitor admitted in NSW with at least 4 years' broad commercial property experience from a reputable private practice law firm or recognised in-house team;
- Ideally, at least 3 years' experience in commercial, retail leasing in particular.
- An ability to prioritise competing demands and business expectations in order to manage a large volume of diverse matters;
- An ability to be self-sufficient and work independently but also as a collaborative team player;
- The capacity to deal confidently with stakeholders at all levels and an ability to develop strong relationships both internally and externally
- Superior negotiation, communication and influencing skills;
- Composed, resilient and adaptive to the business' changing needs.
- Strong analytical skills and proficiency in developing and implementing legal strategies in a commercial context; and
- A genuine willingness to be versatile and flexible to take on new tasks to meet a fast-paced changing business and diverse client needs;
- Extensive legal drafting skills with a great eye-for-detail and technical capability
- Strong commercial acumen and passionate about driving the business forward
- Extremely driven and dedicated lawyers ready to roll up their sleeves and hit the ground running!
- Very personable and approachable and committed to being part of a very close-knit and successful legal team.
What's on Offer
This is a rare and superb in-house opportunity to use your commercial acumen and legal skills to provide strategic and risk-balanced transactional and commercial advice in a fast-paced and dynamic environment for a national, retail giant!
- competitive salary and bonus
- growth and progression
- Become part of a huge, national brand!
Please get in touch for a confidential discussion on 02 8292 2238 or send your CV and Academic Transcripts to mariacurtis @ michaelpage. com. au.