Newly created position
About Our Client
Shamir Australia Pty. Ltd. is part of a growing organisation Shamir Optical Industry Ltd. whose business is diversified across the globe, and whose ambition and desire is to better the quality of life and the health of our clients by improving their vision.
Shamir Australia Pty. Ltd is among the world's leading manufacturers of high-quality progressive and single vision lenses and molds. Over the course of four decades, Shamir has established itself as a company known worldwide for innovation, cutting-edge technology, and stringent quality assurance practices. Opticians and optical laboratories across the globe appreciate Shamir's quick response to
changing market demands and consumer needs, as well as its ability to fill orders
for custom-designs and private label product lines.
Whatever optical need is identified, Shamir has the answer, from all-purpose progressive and occupational lenses to sophisticated, individual lifestyle progressives, as well as outdoor, sport and fashion, wrap-around progressive and single vision lenses.
Reporting to the Financial Controller this is a newly created position. The key purpose of the role is to ensure that the Human Resources activities are aligned with Shamir Australia Pty. Ltd. business strategies. You will provide HR advice, guidance and administrative support the office. Responsibilities will include;
- Delivering best practice HR initiatives;
- Managing payroll processing;
- Award interpretation;
- Onboarding and staff training;
- Providing advice and assistance to staff and management regarding HR policies and procedures;
- Ad hoc office support as required.
The Successful Applicant
The successful applicant will have experience in a similar generalist role. You will possess;
- Tertiary qualifications in Human Resources or related discipline;
- Knowledge of Human Resource legislative and statutory requirement and principles;
- Experience using a computerised accounting and payroll system;
- IT savvy and enjoy process improvement, as you will be taking charge of a timeclock/payroll systems integration;
- Excellent attention to detail in HR administration and reporting;
- Previous experience in an autonomous role.
What's on Offer
- Growing organisation
- Competitive remuneration
- Autonomous role.