12 month contract
About Our Client
Our client is a not-for-profit organisation funded by the Federal Government to assist Traditional Owners in the pursuit of their native title aspirations by providing a comprehensive range of statutory services under the Native Title Act 1993 (Cth) ('Native Title Act').
Reporting to the Manager - HR & Corporate Services, the focus of this role will be to contribute to the daily operations and smooth running of the HR department and Corporate Services. This is a broad generalist position providing HR advice, guidance and corporate support. Responsibilities will include;
- Delivering best practice HR initiatives;
- Interpret award entitlements and terms and conditions of EBAs;
- Ensure that all employee relations issues are managed in accordance with the relative enterprise agreement, awards and legislation;
- Recruitment, onboarding, performance management and staff training;
- Providing advice and assistance to staff and management regarding HR policies and procedures;
- Ad hoc HR duties and projects as required.
The Successful Applicant
The successful applicant will have experience in a similar generalist role. You will possess;
- Tertiary qualifications in Human Resources or related discipline are highly desirable;
- Proven track record and a working knowledge of ER/IR including Award interpretation, Employment Legislation;
- Strong communication skills and ability to interact with a variety of stakeholders;
- Experience with a systems implementation project will be highly regarded.
What's on Offer
- CBD location
- 12 month Fixed Term contract with likelihood to extend
- Varied role
- Generous salary sacrifice provisions being a not-for-profit
- Opportunity to work in a unique role that services internal and external clients