HR Business Partner
12 month fixed term contract
CBD based law firm
About Our Client
My client is an international law firm with a head office based in Sydney CBD.
In order to be considered for this role you must have prior experience working in a law firm (national or international).
As the HR Business Partner, you can expect to have the following responsibilities:
- Have complete ownership of your own client group(s) (which will likely be between 200-300 employees). This will involve all operational (day-to-day) duties being met whilst also developing a longer term strategy.
- Support the creation and delivery of key strategic talent initiatives, programs and projects within your portfolio;
- Provide guidance for more complex HR issues for the wider HR team as necessary in such items as case management, performance management and investigations, and policy decisions;
- Provide coaching and mentorship for more junior members within the HR team.
- Utilise data & analytics to provide insights to business leaders enabling commercially focused people decision and strategies;
- Collaborate with HR Centres of Excellence in Resourcing, Talent Development and Talent Operations to design and deliver talent programs that provide consistency of experience and leverage scale whilst also adapting to directly address business unit needs;
- Guides leaders through change initiatives, particularly in relation to talent management strategies including performance, reward, career paths, diversity, resource planning and retention;
The Successful Applicant
The successful HR Business Partner will need to be able to demonstrate the following throughout the interview process:
- 8-10 years of relevant HR experience from within the legal & professional services sectors.
- A relevant degree, further study as well as any other additional training that would be necessary to complete a role at this level.
- Ability to create HR strategic and tactical initiatives that are both tied to the Firm's overall strategy and relevant to your portfolio;
- A proven history in developing / coaching more junior team members,
- Possess commercial acumen and a financial lens with a high degree of comfort working with data / analytics / spreadsheets;
- A strong understanding and practical application of Employee Relations;
What's on Offer
This is an excellent opportunity for an experienced HR Business Partner to join a well-established team. You must have previously worked within the legal sector and have a good knowledge of working with fee-earners / Partners.
The role will initially be for 12 months.
Salary: $120,000 - $130,000 + superannuation.
This position is CBD based, the expectation is on being in the office a majority of the time.
Interviewing this week with a view to starting ASAP.