HR Generalist - 6 month FTC
Work on an EA negotiation; support a D&I initiative; general ER & IR duties
Autonomous role in fast-paced, unionised environment. Find challenge & reward!
About Our Client
Our client is an established national business with a footprint of over 1500 staff and a network of multiple offices and facilities.
Specialising to testing and accreditation, this organisation has a diverse employee base and is union driven for some of its workforce.
You'll work out of the WA office, reporting through to and supported by head office, over east.
This is a company that prides itself on high standards of safety, operational delivery and service. You'll be expected to take the same approach to your work and work outcomes.
Reporting to the HRBP you will be responsible for:
- Managing employee relations matters (grievances, performance management, investigations etc.) from start to resolution
- Fulfilling recruitment processes as required
- Supporting the EA bargaining process locally - attend meetings, manage union right of access, oversee communication and ensure employee relationships are nurtured and maintained
- Advising managers on various awards and agreements to ensure correct interpretation
- Collaborating with HRBP's to fulfil HR oriented projects pertaining to employee engagement, reporting, training and performance.
- Ensuring all HR documentation is up to date and compliant
- Maintaining HR systems and databases
- Facilitation of training to leadership cohort, as required
The Successful Applicant
To be considered for and successful in this role you will:
- Arrive with skills and experience that speak to the requirements / responsibilities that make up this role
- Be comfortable working autonomously and making your own decisions
- Ideally have experience working in a unionised environment with a mix of white and blue collar employees
- Have a strong generalist background
- Be confident enough to challenge and push back when you are presented with conflicting priorities
- Ideally be immediately available to start work, or on a 1 - 2 week notice period
What's on Offer
In return you will:
- Pick up interesting, challenging, high-responsibility work that will carry you through Christmas and deep into 2021 - enjoy stability and a dynamic role all in one!
- Get to play a key role in the fulfilment of a number of important HR-oriented projects
- Have free parking onsite
- Work closely with 2 fabulous HRBP's over east
- Be the local WA 'go-to' for all HR matters
- Be part of an Australian network of 1,200 staff and a global organisation spanning over 1,500 offices and upwards of 100,000 employees!