HR Manager - Fremantle Dockers Football Club
South of the River Location
About Our Client
The Fremantle Dockers Football Club is a proud club with an exciting future and are currently seeking a HR Manager to join their team. If you have the passion and edge to become a part of an inspiring workplace and support in achieving sustained success in an environment that values employees then this could be the opportunity for you.
Reporting to the Chief Operating Officer (COO), this role will be responsible for providing quality operational HR advice and services to the club and for leading the HR Coordinator and HR Administrator.
Other responsibilities include:
- Providing specialist advice, supporting and implementation to the COO on the range of HR practices, policies and processes within the employment lifecycle including: Recruitment and selection, staff induction and probation period management, employment contracts, performance management, professional development, terminations, WHS processes.
- Continuous development and implementation of all HR policies and procedures consistent with best practice principals.
- Reviewing and developing position descriptions and supporting with organisational restructures as and when required.
- Supporting and guiding Managers and Staff on the general application of Industrial Relations instruments and where necessary liaise with external experts or entities to obtain advice on specific matters.
- Monitoring compliance with HR policies and procedures with workplace legislation including: WHS, equal opportunity, discrimination and harassment.
- Provide management and ongoing professional development for the HR team (as department manager) including conducting regular meetings to provide information, support, feedback and coaching as required.
- Assist COO with any HR projects as directed.
The Successful Applicant
The successful candidate will be degree qualified in Human Resources or a related discipline and have significant experience in a generalist HR role.
The following attributes and experience will be highly desirable:
- Proven leadership, interpersonal and communication skills with ability to build rapport and relationships with a diverse group of stakeholders.
- Proven experience in analysing complex situations, formulating recommendations and/or creating solutions to improve effectiveness.
- Sound knowledge of contemporary HR best practice.
- Sound working knowledge and understanding of the Australian Industrial Relations Environment, preferably the Federal system under the Fair Work Act including experience with the interpretation and application of legislative award based agreements and other employment conditions relevant to the club.
- Proven ability to work effectively and contribute within a team environment.
- The ability and willingness to work on game days through the Football season and out of hours at other club events as required as well as a passion of / or understanding of AFL or the sporting industry.
- This position will involve work outside normal business hours including match days and weekends.
What's on Offer
- An exciting management opportunity within the sporting industry
- A positive team environment and excellent working culture
- Permanent role
- Competitive salary
- Free on-site parking
- Many other benefits included