Based in Wetherill Park
Hands on HR role
About Our Client
My client is a global leader within the construction sector. This role works for a smaller division of this business. You will be responsible for a client group of around 300 employees and will report through to the Head of HR.
You must be able to get to Wetherill Park as well as being able to visit various sites around Sydney.
This is a true generalists role where you will have complete ownership of the day-to-day HR function. As there is just a team of 2 within HR you need to be comfortable with all HR operations.
You will be responsible for managing the employee life-cycle - recruitment, on-boarding and induction as well as all performance matters relating to this.
You will also act as the key point of contact for all employee relations issues - grievances, harassment & terminations as well as working closely with the Head of HR on EBA negotiations.
There are some exciting HR projects on the horizon that you will play a key role in leading - implementation of a new HRIS, introducing employee initiatives as well as reviewing the organisation design.
This role is considered to be a part of the leadership team and will require close partnership with senior stakeholders from around the business.
The Successful Applicant
To be eligible for consideration on this role you must be able to display the following skill-set/background:
- Relevant Bachelors degree along with further study (ideally focusing on IR/HR).
- 5-7 years of HR experience from a similar working environment (construction/building/engineering/infrastructure/industrial).
- True HR generalist skill-set and the desire to "get stuck in".
- Experience working in a smaller team, where you will have had complete accountability (despite being a global business - this is a smaller division).
- Experience in working on EBA's (across a state and national level).
- Happy in an unstructured environment - this is a fast paced, fluid organisation.
- A creative thinker, that will present ideas and not accept the status quo.
- Full driving licence, and ability to get to Wetherill Park.
What's on Offer
This is a great opportunity for an experienced Advisor/Generalist that is looking to step up. You will have the chance to work with an excellent leader who is keen on providing career development.
You will be considered as part of the leadership team and will have exposure to senior staekholders around the business.
If you are the sort of person that enjoys working in a fast paced, blue-collar environment where change is encouraged then I would recommend you apply.
This role is based in Wetherill Park, you will need to drive (free car parking available).
The salary for this role is $100,000 + superannuation + car allowance.