- Work from home + travel to WA sites (approx. 1 week / month); standalone role!
- Growing family-owned & run business, highly commercial, $20 million turnover
About Our Client
Our client is an established operation in the tourism and travel industry. Over the past 5 years they have executed on an aggressive acquisition strategy which has seen them double in size, and this growth is only set to continue in light of current restrictions on travel acting to boost the local / WA tourism economy.
Thanks to the nature of this business you'll be in a position to work entirely from home, with the unique requirement and opportunity for travel to various sites 1 week in every month.
This organisation prides itself on remaining agile, lean and high-achieving from a service perspective (both to its internal staff and their customers specifically).
Reporting to the General Manager you will be responsible for:
- Full-function recruitment, contracts, onboarding, inductions, probationary processes etc.
- Supporting the training / L&D function
- Delivering a cost-effective rostering function
- Managing wage costs and timesheet approvals (no payroll processing)
- Employee relations (investigations, disciplinaries, performance, general case management)
- Analysis and reporting to drive strategic decision-making
- Risk mitigation and management
- Managing logins and accesses for staff
- Projects to support growth of organisation and mature the HR function in line with business strategy
- Introduction of best-practice policies and processes, and improvement to existing frameworks
- Being the go-to SME in the HR and people field for this organisation - you will be relied on by the rest of the ELT to guide them and to deliver in this space
The Successful Applicant
To be considered for and successful in this role you will:
- Be degree qualified with an HR specialisation and offer the requisite operational experience to demonstrate your technical HR knowledge and skills
- Either be coming from a similar HRM type role or be at the point in your career where you are ready to step up to this level of role and responsibility
- Ideally offer skills/experience in rostering and payroll (checking/vetting)
- Be savvy to industrial legislation and have worked consistently within award-driven / EBA / EA-driven environments in the past
- Enjoy working independently, whilst being able to collaborate appropriately with senior stakeholders
- Ideally be passionate to SME/local businesses and enjoy the idea of helping those organisations to build their success stories
What's on Offer
In return you will:
- Align with a highly-commercial ($20 million TO), family owned and run business, local to WA
- Enjoy the opportunity to work exclusively from home (tapping into meetings via online platforms)
- Get to travel around WA to visit 12 sites (and counting) and engage face-to-face with the operational staff
- Be provided with a laptop, phone (and car if required)
- Get to support this organisation and its people through an ongoing period of growth and really set them up for success!