- Immediate start
- 2-3 month contract with posisbility of extenion
About Our Client
A large local government organisation based south of the River is seeking a HSE Officer to be part of the occupational health and safety team to support with the day to day running of the HSE function across multiple functions.
Reporting into the Coordinator of Health & Safety, duties will include but are not limited too:
- Assisting the HSE Coordinator to provide operational and administration support to the HSE function, ensuring delivery of an effective OSH management system for the Council
- Maintain and update the HSE training system data base
- Assist with the implementation of the Council's safety management plan
- Provide administration assistance and support to aid in the delivery of staff wellness programs
- Ensure OSH documentation is appropriately recorded
- Support with toolbox meetings
- Support with incident investigations and providing assistance in leading, drafting and presenting reports
- Supporting other areas of specialism under the Health & Safety team
The Successful Applicant
The successful candidate must meet the following criteria:
- Previous relevant experience within an Occupational Safety & Health environment or similar, and proven ability to follow process driven systems.
- Minimum Cert IV qualification in Occupational Health and Safety is preferred and an understating of HSE legislation and standards
- Proven organisational and administrative skills with the strong attention to detail and ability to effectively prioritise work and coordinate priorities to meet strict deadlines and achieve outcomes
- Well-developed interpersonal, conflict resolution and facilitation skills with the ability to communicate with and motivate a wide range of people and groups (including white- and blue-collar staff)
- Good written communication skills with the ability to undertake research and write appropriate letters and reports.
- Ability to work autonomously, under minimal supervision with good decision making and problem-solving skills with the ability to respond appropriately and show initiative.
- Proven Word processing skills with the ability to utilise personal computer applications and in particular, the Microsoft Office suite of products (i.e. Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook) and applicable OS&H and injury management systems.
- Ability to acquire the appropriate legislative endorsements eg Construction Induction - Work Safely in the Construction Industry (White Card) in combination with a good understanding of the Occupational Health and Safety requirements relevant to this position.
What's on Offer
You must be able to start immediately and commit for a 2-3 month period. This role is until the end of May with a strong possibility of extension