National company and the opporutnity to work on high profle projects
Excellent support, training, career progression opportunites and renumeration
About Our Client
My Client has long been regarded as one of Australia's leading engineering consultancy firms. With a track record of delivering some of the ACT's most iconic projects, their work is secured through innovative design solutions, technical excellence and exceptional project delivery. In an industry so often dictated by price my client continues to kick the trend by focusing on tailor made solutions to provide the best outcome for their clients. Their large portfolio of loyal and repeat clients has been built on the understanding that paying more for quality documentation ultimately has significant cost benefits to the project as a whole. With strong connections within the governemnt and defence space this approach means their pipeline of work has been able to move forward unabated by the recent disruptions from COVID - 19.
With continued growth of the ACT team my client is now looking for an ambitious and driven Hydraulic Engineer to join the Canberran office. Working closely with both the discipline leader and Directors you will play an active role in design, project delivery & project management and have the chance to build on your experience in business development, technical skills and in time the mentoring and management of less experienced engineers. There is a great opportunity with proven skills and results over time to obtain a senior leadership role.
The Successful Applicant
The successful candidate will demonstrate the following experience and attributes:
- 3 years + experience as a Hydraulic Engineer within an Australian based building services team
- Project experience including but not limited to multi-res, industrial, commercial, retail and government
- Design experience including Hot and cold water reticulation, sanitary, sewer and trade waste, storm-water drainage, hydrants and hose reels
- The ability to coordinate and work within multi disciplined project teams - including, resourcing, programming, and budgeting is highly advantageous
- A passion for sharing knowledge, learning and providing exceptional client solutions
- A desire to build long term relationships with clients grounded in trust, respect and quality
- The empathy to understand the sometimes conflicting agendas of project stakeholders, and the communication skills to overcome and move past blockages
What's on Offer
This role represents an opportunity to work for a company where people advance their careers based on their performance and contributions - not just tenure. With a growing ACT team, the successful applicant will play a lead role in the growth of the hydraulic section and will have the opportunity to progress into a senior role and longer term the Leadership group. This role will be ideally suited for someone from a top tier consultancy who wants to have more influence on decision making or someone who feels further career advancement can not be obtained within their current role.